This pandemic has been both a blessing and a challenge for each of us. The blessing is that in this interruption of our regularly scheduled lives we have and continue to take notice and cherish the real treasures. The challenge has been in facing the fact – we can’t live the way we did and thus have to intentionally choose a better manner to live… together. I’d like to encourage you as I am doing for myself and family to intentionally change your default settling for daily living, set things in place to challenge you to be your best for yourself and others.
As we prepare to restart our business, we are testing various case scenarios of delivering a safe and luxurious experience. Know this upfront for now we are putting greater emphasis on safety. These are the changes we are making to provide you with a safe experience with us:
1. Brooklin location will remain closed – until we master our experience and solidify our direction
2. Ajax Location will open upon provincial approval – Operating reduced hours and Capacity
3. Appointment time spacing – Maintaining our Appointment only model, barbering times will be expanded to 45min to allow complete sanitization of all tools and surfaces between each appointment.
4. Meticulous disinfection – We are disinfecting all surfaces (chairs, debit terminals, and washroom, etc) before and after each client.
5. Barber/client personal protection – Our Barbers will be working with gloves and masks (Shield subject to barber preferences) to ensure a barrier of protection for both barber and clients.
6. Service Experience revision
a. Hair wash and massages removed until further notice. Only those having hair colored will have hair washed.
b. Each client will be serviced with fresh cape.
c. Please bring your own mask and gloves, if you don’t have one one will be provided for an additional fee.
d. Waiting area will be closed until further notice. Clients are asked to wait in their vehicle or outside until notified to come in. Once notified, you will be brought straight into the barber chair.
e. We are only servicing healthy clients. To protect the community we ask if there is any question about your present health please stay away until healthy.
7. Client/Staff assessments:
a. We will be using an infrared thermometer to check each person’s body temperature before entering the building.
b. Hand sanitizer will be readily available at the front of the store
c. Health questionnaires will be conducted via text or phone to verify each client’s condition before being serviced.
d. All magazines will be removed from the store for the time being.
e. All staff will be assessed daily and required to stay home if showing any symptoms or in contact with anyone who has.
f. We will continue to evolve our protocols as our understanding continues to grow.
During this difficult time we prioritize community wide safety and encourage you to do so as well. We trust God to provide solutions as each of us evolve through this experience.
Only His Best!
-Brenton P. Alleyne
Alleynes Grooming INC.